Thursday, December 4

Metro Detroit: Home of the Best Cookie in the World

When is the last time you had a cookie so good that you wanted to hide it?

Here in Metro Detroit, we are lucky enough to have the homemade chewy goodness of Johnny B's Cookies, located on Mack Avenue in St. Clair Shores.

And their cookies? OMG. Seriously....they are almost indescribably good. Their best-known cookie, of course, is the chocolate-chip chewy. With it's crispy outer edge and super chewy center, it's got to be the best chocolate chip cookie I have ever tasted.

My other favorites include their peanut butter, peanut butter bomb. and betsey's lemon shortbread bars.

The owners say they have the best cookies in the world, and I'd have to agree. They use the finest ingredients, no preservatives, and their cookies are made fresh daily by hand.

I know.

For $18, they will ship a dozen of their cookies to anyone in the United States--now wouldn't that make a super sweet Christmas present for a special someone? Johnny B's cookies are also a wonderful idea for corporate gift baskets, special occassions, holiday baskets, and more.

Now for the fun part: if you live in Metro Detroit, listen up! I've got a great giveaway, courtesy of Johnny B's Cookies, offering two winners one dozen each of a variety of cookies. It's a perfect opportunity to save yourself some time on preparing a dish to pass for one of your holiday dinners, or a great hostess gift for Christmas or New Year's Eve!

I am running two separate contests for one winner each, with each contest lasting for a full week. To enter, you MUST live in the Metro Detroit area and be able to drive to Johnny B's to pick up your prize. The first contest starts today and entries will be accepted until midnight, EST, on December 11. (I'll repost this contest on December 12 to mark the start of the second contest!)

All I ask is that you leave me a comment with your city of residence, a valid email address, and share with me what your plans for your cookies if you win! Are they a gift? Or are you going to hide them?













8 comments:

Janet said...

Hide and eat them, for sure!!!

Blogger said...

Wow, what a great giveaway!

I live in Brighton, but I am an eastsider at heart, so I know St. Clair Shores very well...however, I have never heard of Johnny B's! Is it new or did I just miss out on this gem while I was over thatta way?

If I won these cookies, I would, unfortunately have to share...because after all, if I am on the east side, than that means that my family is with me and that we are probably going to see even more family members...so, there goes all the cookies, drats! ;)

I will retweet this for you, too, how fun!

Bella

@primesuspect said...

Nice idea!

I live in Warren, MI.

I'll share the cookies with my kids.. I'll spare the details, but they'll be having a bit of a rough holiday season this year, so this would definitely help bring some extra joy to our house :)

judybrittle said...

I really love cookies! What a treat that would be to share with the family when we get together for Christmas. I live in Royal Oak,Mi.
Thank you!

nanja said...

I live in Fraser So I am really close to St Clair Shores. I love cookies but would save and share them as part of a Christmas Eve Family dinner.

Debi said...

I lived in the 8 mile area of Detroit and now live in Clinton Township, but I don't remember hearing of Johnny B's ??? How could I miss this, I love cookies!
As much as I love cookies tho, I would save and share with my family when we do our Christmas.
(well, I would have to try a few just to make sure they are the best :) )

mickeyc3 said...

These cookies sound absolutely sinful. After just sitting down from baking ALL DAY!! I would definitely all these cookies to the ones I have already baked to give to family and friends, and to also share on Christmas Eve.

mickeyc3 said...

Oops, one more thing, I live on the west side, Canton.