Monday, December 1

Vicks: Helping moms through cold and flu season




Getting sick is no fun at all, and it's actually why I'm trying to play catch-up now with my blogs, contests, and reviews! Friday Buttercup had me up until 6 a.m. with vomiting and an evil diaper rash brought on by her upset belly. And then when she started getting better on Sunday, I got whatever she had (and so did my sister!). The result was not fun.

I had what must have been a 24-hour flu bug, complete with all the bells and whistles. I think I must have slept through most of the day, and when it came time to check my temperature in the dark with Buttercup sleeping next to me on Sunday night, I could only thank Vicks Comfort Flex InSight Digital thermometer.

Instead of having to reach for the light each time and chance waking up a sleeping toddler, I was able to rely on the large color-changing display to help me determine of I had a high temp (red for readings 101.0 degrees F or higher), a mild one (99.0-100.0 degrees F), or if it had finally broken (97-98.9 degrees F).

It also takes accurate temps in as little as 8 seconds and has a memory feature to help you keep track of how you and your little ones are doing compared to the last time.

Parents of infants have the option of taking the temperature rectally, as is recommended by pediatricians, and under the arm for children four and younger. The comfort-flex tip gives you the option, and makes it a great choice of thermometer no matter the age of your child.

The Vicks Comfort Flex Insight Thermometer is available at Walmart for $9.48.

Vicks also sent a Germ Free Warm Mist Humidifier for us to try, and I immediately set it up in Buttercup's room. Here's a quick vlog of her reaction to her new Humidifier.



I used to think that humidifiers were only needed when a child was sick, but I've learned a lot since reading through the product packaging. Keeping the humidifier going in Buttercup's room will help improve her overall health during the colder months and keep her room more comfortable. And should she get a cold or the flu again, all I have to do is add a bit of Vicks VapoSteam for the added benefit of a vaporizer.

This really is an incredibly mom-friendly product, with two easy-to-change 1 gallon tanks that run for up to 24 hours (or three nights without refilling), easy to use controls and an automatic shut-off feature to help control humidity levels, and is filter free with dish-washer safe water trays! Even more important is the patented germicidal UV chamber which safely kills up to 99.999% of bacteria, mold and spores.

The result is air that is easier to breathe and proven relief from colds and flu.

The Vicks GermFree Warm Mist Humidifier (V790) has a suggested retail price for $99.99 and is available at Babies R Us, RiteAid, Meijer and other major retailers and drug chains nationwide.

Get more information at the Vicks website.

No comments: