Friday, September 11

Tie-Dye kits and fun for the family!


I remember thinking Tie Dye was the coolest thing since sliced bread when I was a kid. Looks like some things never change.

My husband helped me this weekend with the creation of a few Tie Dye masterpieces for our Buttercup. And I have to admit that the process was fun and the results worth the effort!

Jacquard Products, the makers behind the popular and award-winning Tie Dye and Funky Groovy Tie Dye Kits, have created an easy and fun way for families to achieve stunning results together, inspiring tons of creativity!

My husband did the majority of the work since I'm allergic to the rubber gloves and dye, so I happily snapped pictures as he went to work soaking the T-shirts in soda ash, mixing and applying the dyes, and then setting them out to dry for 24 hours in our garage.

This afternoon all he had to do was rinse and wash them, and after air-drying for about 30 minutes in the desert sun, Buttercup had five new reasons to smile. Click here for a list of places you can buy these great kits from Jacquard Products.

Buttercup's a bit too young to appreciate the experience as a bonding one, but my husband and I will always be able to tell you that the shirt she is wearing was made in our kitchen sink our first fall in Arizona and that we couldn't stop smiling at how her face brightened when she got to wear her "rainbow" for the very first time. She calls it her new shirt. We call it a great memory.




One lucky readers gets to have a blast with their own kids with a Tie Dye Kit of their own!

To enter, simply visit the Jacquard site and name one other item you would be interested in learning more about. Make sure to include your email or Twitter ID so I can contact you if you are selected as winner. Entries will be accepted until midnight, EST, on Sept. 18, 2009 and winners have four days to respond or an alternate will be selected.This contest is limited to US residents only, and to those 18 years and older.

Additional extra entries are also available if you:
* Blog about contest and link to this post.
* Tweet about this contest and leave me a comment with the tweet.
* Non-bloggers can email three of their friends about the contest at berriesweet.info (at) gmail (dot) com and CC me on the email. Girl Scout's honor that I will never bother these sweet people. I promise!

Please note all entries MUST include a valid email address or Twitter ID to be considered for the drawing! That means that well, all entries must include an email address or Twitter ID to be considered valid. Simple enough, right? ;)

5 comments:

Kristie said...

The Marbling Kit looks interesting.

khmorgan_00 [at] yahoo [dot] com

Sandon and Othea said...

I like the textile paints they have. I think the kits are neat, but it would be fun to just buy a few paints and make some creative t-shirts. The Indigo kit is interesting too. I'd be up for trying that!

lbaran @ pcsedu.com

Sandon and Othea said...

Hoping my last one went through. I liked the Indigo kit but I also like the cloth paints sold separately.

If you got my post before, you can delete this one. :)

lbaran @ pcsedu.com

Anonymous said...

Check out ToddlerDeals.com!!!

chrissy said...

the airbrush color looks so fun! It has been a while since I have tie-dyed! hope I win :)

Chuszczo419 (@) gmail (dot) com