Monday, December 22

Forget envy! Turn green with pride!

So are you "green?" Do you try to do your part to help protect our planet for future generations by preserving its natural resources?

Yes and yes? Sweet!

Now, take a look in the closest mirror and see if you have actually turned green as a way to show the world that you are doing your part! (Yes, I'm kidding...you can put the compact down now.)

But seriously, though, wouldn't the concept of turning green be a great way to help bring home the point of conserving natural resources for our kids? A new book series from The Little Environmentalists does just that, and from a kid's point of view, to boot.

"I'm Turning Green" shows how the little things we do, like turning off the water as we brush our teeth, can make a big diference! Check out Buttercup enjoying the story for the first time as her Abuela reads it to her!

I love this story, and I am pretty impressed that 18 mth-old Buttercup not only sat through the whole book, but eagerly requested a second reading (and sat through that one, too!)

And in case you're wondering, Little Environemtalists are a company worth promoting. It's refreshing to see a such a positive for kids reinforce the importance of "going green" with their dedication to producing environmentally-friendly products. All books are printed using 100 percent recycled paper that is 1200 percent post-consumer waste and chloring free. And if that wasn't enough, the ink is eco-friendly, too.

Can it get any better than that? Retailing for $7.95, "I’m Turning Green" can be found at The Little Environmentalists and Amazon.

So who wants to "go green" with their kids? One lucky U.S. winner will get the chance to bring the "green" home by leaving a comment on this post.

To enter, ask your children for their best eco-friendly tip and share it with my readers here! Entries will be accepted until midnight, EST, December 29 and the winner will have four business days from the announcement date to contact me with their information or an alternate will be selected. US entries only, please. What a perfect way to bring in the New Year!


Additional extra entries are also available if you:

* subscribe to my RSS feed and comment letting me know you did so.

* Blog about contest and link to this post.

* Non-bloggers can email three of their friends about the contest at berriesweet.info (at) gmail (dot) com and CC me on the email. Girl Scout's honor that I will never bother these sweet people. I promise!

* Grab my Berrie Sweet Picks button and place it on your blog page. I'll check!

* Follow me on Twitter! (nickname: berriesweetest)

* Tweet the contest leave a comment with your username telling me what you said to your "tweeple"!
Please note all entries MUST include a valid email address to be considered for the drawing! That means that well, all entries must include an email address to be considered valid. Simple enough, right? ;)

34 comments:

Unknown said...

well, i asked my 20 month old and he said "geeen" there you have it, lol :)

Unknown said...

I subscribe via reader, thanks!

Misty said...

well, my daughter is a little young so i asked a neighbors son, he said reuse plastic containers such as juice bottles, milk containers and soda bottles.
mommy2skie@yahoo.com

Misty said...

subscribed. yahoo feeder.
mommy2skie@yahoo.com

Misty said...

got your button.
mommy2skie@yahoo.com

Sue S. said...

My son turns the water off after he has gotten his toothbrush wet and then turns it back on to rinse. He wants to conserve water....I'm still trying to get him to raise his arm when he leaves a room and turn the light switch off...it'll happen.

Sue S. said...

I'm following your blog at "Just Neat Stuff".

Sue S. said...

I just blogged about this giveaway. I think every household should have one and as a reading teacher in elementary school....it should be required reading!!!

Unknown said...

My daughter says she loves to recycle.

rebbi511 at peoplepc.com

chazvgo said...

My son said "Elmo says to recycle" :)

Terri said...

My son says to pick up trash when you see it. If it can be recycled than put it in recycler bin

Christina G. said...

My daughter says to recycle. Thanks for the giveaway!

Christina G. said...

I subscribed to your feed.

Christina G. said...

I blogged: http://wutgives.blogspot.com/2008/12/berrie-sweet-picks-little.html

Christina G. said...

I followed you on twitter: cmgnbox01

Christina G. said...

I tweeted: http://twitter.com/cmgnbox01/status/1081200152

Lolly said...

My 22 month old can not talk yet so he can not answer-but we do turn off the water when we brush.

Lolly said...

Subscribed!

Lolly said...

Following on Twitter as MommyMia!

Anonymous said...

My youngest says no litering.

Nora
neneelynn@yahoo.com

MOMFOREVERANDEVER said...

my kids say recycle their toys and share

Unknown said...

Recycle all your cans.

chromiumman said...

i'm often told, you hafta recycle that

Renee G said...

Well - my boys are a little older and dedicated recyclers. Their favorite piece of advice is if you have a can or bottle etc, in your lunch bring it back home where you know it will be recycled.

rsgrandinetti (aT) yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Everyone should recycle.

Anonymous said...

I recycle everychance I get.

Karen said...

Reuse as many containers as possible.

ktgonyea at gmail.com

mverno said...

take bottles back to the place he says meaning the redemption center

Qwill said...

My dd says take her lunch in her lunchbos.

Kim Smith said...

My kids have learned how t orecyler paper in house.

Unknown said...

My granddaughter said to recycl the newspaper. garrettsambo@aol.com

Anonymous said...

don't buy what you don't need

dangotmail AT yahoo DOT com

NesieBird said...

I reuse water bottles and use both sides of paper sheets to conserve. I recycle aluminum cans.

madangle said...

use both sides of paper and recycle when finished. also, turn the water off when brushing teeth