Monday, September 7

Have fun Around the Table!


We're all busy. I know I am...Heaven knows it''s taken me forever and a day to get this post up with all of the daily challenges presented as a work at home mother. So how do we stay connected to our kids? When do we have time to learn what's going on in their lives?

The award-winning Around The Table Games company sent me a great new game concept to try out, and I happily passed it on to my friend Jill and her daughter Jordan, 6. Owner Beth Daniels can look forward to plenty of personal purchases from yours truly as Buttercup gets older. Her new line of games, which inspire and facilitate open-ended conversations with our kids, were actually inspired by her own.

Camp Talk, Buddy Talk, and Teen Talk encourage kids to engage in colorful conversations with new friends or learn things they never knew about old pals and family members. It's smartly designed, with a carabener clip to attach to a backpack or purse, and makes for great conversation starts on the first day of school or on the way to a field trip.

Jordan reports that her friends at school love Buddy Talk, and Jordan loves being able to have a built-in reason for making new ones. All she has to ask is ""Who wants to play a game?" With questions like "What's your favorite thing about summer break?"and "I you could have picked your own name, what would it be?" it works every time.

I'd also recommend Family Talk to try at home with your kids. Save it for a rainy day when the kids are moping about nothing to do or for that long car ride to visit the family. Sure beats 103 games of Eye-Spy in a row and you'll learn so much on the way!
And guess what? One lucky Berrie Sweet Picks reader (US shipping adress only and 18 and older) gets to choose their favorite Around The Table Game to try for themselves!
To enter, simply visit the site and let me know which game you would choose and why! Make sure to include your email or Twitter ID so I can contact you if you are selected as winner. Entries will be accepted until midnight, EST, on Sept. 14, 2009 and winners have four days to respond or an alternate will be selected.
Additional extra entries are also available if you:
* Blog about contest and link to this post.
* Non-bloggers can email three of their friends about the contest at berriesweet.info (at) gmail (dot) com and CC me on the email. Girl Scout's honor that I will never bother these sweet people. I promise!
Please note all entries MUST include a valid email address or Twitter ID to be considered for the drawing! That means that well, all entries must include an email address or Twitter ID to be considered valid. Simple enough, right? ;)

2 comments:

Sandon and Othea said...

I'd pick family talk since we're just starting to be able to have conversations

lbaran@ pcsedu.com

Kristie said...

Our oldest is now 3 and I think she will enjoy the Family Talk cards-she LOVES to talk anyway! ;-)

khmorgan_00 [at] yahoo [dot] com