Thursday, October 30

Soapy sunscreen protection from Bethesda


I am all about multi-tasking. Give me the opportunity to combine any number of things to do into one check-mark on my to-do list, and I'm all for it.

So when I heard about Bethesda Sunscreen Soap, I was curious enough to not only take a look, but also try it out for myself. Now, you did read right. This is, in fact, a bar of soap with added SPF 10 sunscreen. Not necessarily All-Day-At-the-Beach levels of protection, but it's certainly 100 percent better than I normally do on a daily basis, regardless of the season.

I was admittedly hesitant to try this stuff out since I normally avoid regular bars of soap like the plague and heading straight for the shower gels when stocking up for personal needs. But since I bgan reviewing items regularly, I have been reminded of every parents' favorite saying when their kids scrunches up their nose in disgust when looking at a new and foreign food on their plate: "You can't say you don't like it unless you try it."

So I did. And I'm glad.

The Bethesda Sunscreen Soap is a multi-vitamin, hypoallergenic, all-natural, and non-oily bar that actually leaves your skin feeling soft. That was surprising, and I also liked that there was no "sunscreeny" smell. (My blog, and I get to make up the words here.)

There's also an incredible program I wanted to tell you about, in which Bethesda will provide one bar of free soap to anyone battling cancer. I'm talking about the Melanie Policy, and if you or someone you know could benefit, please stop by the Bethesda site for more information.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I read about this yesterday and LOVED the sunscreen conccept. Brilliant!

I did not know about the Melanie policy - or the reason behind their name - or about their donations.

Thank you for posting this. I'm glad to know more about this company.