Monday, October 13

Sinupret for kids: A safe and alternative option

Maybe it is because of what I do for a living, but after writing about the dangers of giving kids cough and cold medicines, and the lack of research to prove that any of these meds actually do anything for kids 6 and under, I have yet to give any such medications to Buttercup when she has had the sniffles.

In fact, since she has been a year old, I have relied on the old family tradition of treating coughs with honey, which has been proven to be just as effective as over the counter meds, and a heck of a lot safer. (I also do the same for myself!)

But what about preventative measures? If I'm not going to give Buttercup any over the counter meds, you can bet your sweet bottoms I'm going to be just as picky about anything said to work in this capacity.

But when I heard about Sinupret for Kids, ($18.50, available online and at Walmart)an alternative and natural choice actually recommended by the Dr. Bob Sears, you can bet I'm going to take a look.

Now, before anyone says anything, I haven't given it to Buttercup yet and won't be until she turns 2, as studies haven't been done on children any younger than that. But since the packaging says adults can take this stuff, I'm all about an ounce of prevention for myself and my husband.

Sinupret is made by Bionurica, a German company whose products are crafted from sustainably grown, pure plants thoroughly researched for their safety and potency. And with a proven track record of no harmful side effects and over 3.5 million physician recommendations, I can rest assured that I'm taking a safe product.

So what does Sinupret for Kids actually do? According to the product info, Sinupret for Kids helps support healthy sinus and respiratory function, so if taken regularly, can prevent your kids from getting sick to begin with by promoting healthy nasal passages, strengthening the immune system, and supporting the upper respiratory system.

Made from a blend of European Elder, Common Sorrel, Cowslip, European Vervain and Gentian, and even more importantly not containing dangerous ingredients like stimulans, ephedra, caffeine or pseudoephedrine, it's a natural choice for parents looking for alternative and safe options to keep their kids healthy.

And one more major plus in my book is that this stuff is gluten-free. Buttercup is on a gluten-free diet until she is 3 or 4 since her father has Celiac Sprue, and this is always something I am on the lookout for.

Of course, as with many alternative health options, none of these claims have been evaluated by the FDA, but with all of the information I have found on Sinupret for Kids and Dr. Sears' recommendation, I'm already planning on stocking my medicine cabinet with many of the Bionorica product line. Here's to your health!

3 comments:

Tabitha Blue said...

I'll have to check into that for my little one... she is 2 now. Thanks for the info.

Anonymous said...

I gave it to my elderly mother and she had a VERY bad reaction. I thought since it was safe for kids AND adults it would be good, but it was like SPEED to her. Very agitated, shaking and could NOT sleep for many hours.

Anonymous said...

My 8 year old daughter has been taking Sinupret and has had good reactions to it. It seems to be helping her a lot and its supposed to boost her immune system. Plus it has natural ingredients which is great! My doctor also recommended it.