Thursday, October 9
Okay, if you aren't new here, you already known that Buttercup loves music and is just learning how to bop to the music. She's almost 16 months, and I would bet my life that music is going to be a BIG part of hers when she is older.
I was a little skeptical of the Prima Princessa presents Swan Lake DVD that was sent to me, only because I wasn't sure if it was going to actually hold Buttercup's attention. But then I popped it in, and just because I wanted to amuse myself I also put a tutu on her, and we sat down to learn about Swan Lake.
Prima Princessa is a fairy ballerina (the best kind, right?) who transports a group of pre-school girls to see Swan Lake, as performed by the Paris Opera Ballet. Not only does Prima Princessa narrate the story, she also magically transports the girls back home in between acts so they can dress up in their own tutus and learn simple ballet steps. What you see is really a group of little girls having a lot of fun pretending, but that's really the point, isn't it?
First, let me tell you that the moms behind this little number are absolute geniuses! The DVD was created to help introduce 2-6 yr olds to the world of Ballet in a fun and educational way, and they hit their mark. The bonus is that by watching it with Buttercup, now I actually understand what's going on!
I love ballet, mind you, but I was about as educated on the difference between a plie and a jette as I was on the difference between Odelle and Odette! Now that I know, it all makes a whole lot more sense.
Now, Buttercup is younger than the recommended age, but she did dance to the music and always stopped what she was doing to see the little girls practicing the steps they learned while giggling like crazy. I can see already that this DVD is going to have a very long lifespan in out house and am looking forward to watching this single DVD blossom into a very successful series.
Prima Princessa presents Swan Lake is available here at Amazon.com for $17.99. But if you'd like to try to win your own copy first, just visit the Prima Princessa site or its Amazon page and leave me a comment telling me why you think this DVD would be perfect for your little fairy ballerina!
Extra entries are also available if you:
* subscribe to my RSS feed and comment letting me know you did so.
* Blog about the contest and link to the giveaway.
* Non-bloggers can email three of their friends about the contest and CC me on the email. Girl Scout's honor that I will never bother these sweet people. I promise!
* Grab my button and place it on your sidebar, linking to Berrie Sweet Picks. (I'll check!)
* Follow me on Twitter! (nickname: berriesweetest)
* You also can earn 1 extra entry per $1 donated FOR THIS CONTEST ONLY to my DonorsChoose.org Blogger Challenge. Just click on the widget at the top right of my blog page and select the project you'd like to help sponsor and then leave me a comment telling me how much you donated.
Please note all entries MUST include a valid email address to be considered for the drawing! That means that well, all entries must include an email address to be considered valid. Simple enough, right? ;)
I'll pick one name at midnight (EST) on October 16 and will email the winner to let them know they won! The winner has 4 days to respond, or an alternate will be chosen. Good luck!