Sunday, November 23
Green is the obvious buzz word for this year's Christmas push, and with good reason. Eco-friendly products are better for the environment and safer for our children, above all else, so why not make an effort to keep your kids' Christmas wish list as green as possible?
One great way to do this is with the new award-winning, earth-friendly trading card games and accompanying plush animals that encourage kids to learn about conservation, the environment, and the world's most threatened species. I got to take a look at the newest addition to the line with Xeko Mission: China starter set.
Buttercup's too young to appreciate this right now, but I was pretty impressed with the packaging (a beautiful pagoda-shaped box decorated with animals from China's habitats)and am glad to see company's realize how important playing can be to helping teach our children about the world they live in. And with earth-friendly materials used in the packaging and game, you can feel good about what you put under the Christmas tree, too.
I also got a chance to look at the new line of Xeko pals, with each based on the most popular characters from the Xeko eco-adventure game. We were sent a Giant
Panda made from soy and certified organic cotton. He' cute, soft, completely squeezable and huggable, and comes with his own "mission code" to allow kids the opportunity to join in on the fun at Xeko!
The starter kit retails for $24.99 and the 7.5" plush Giant Panda retails for $19.99. Both are available at specialty stores across the country like Barnes & Noble, Borders, and select Whole Foods.
And thanks to the good folks at Xeko, I've got a berrie cool chance for one reader to win a Xeko Mission: China starter set and a Giant Panda! To enter to the contest, please visit Xeko and then leave me a berrie (read: comment)about something you and your kids learned while there. You have until midnight, EST. on December. 1 and the winner has four days from the announcement date to respond. U.S. entries only, please.
Additional extra entries are also available if you:
* subscribe to my RSS feed and comment letting me know you did so.
* Blog about contest and link to this post.
* Non-bloggers can email three of their friends about the contest at berriesweet.info (at) gmail (dot) com and CC me on the email. Girl Scout's honor that I will never bother these sweet people. I promise!
* Grab my Berrie Sweet Picks button and place it on your blog page. I'll check!
* Follow me on Twitter! (nickname: berriesweetest)
* Tweet the contest and leave a comment with your username telling me what you said to your "tweeple"! Please note all entries MUST include a valid email address to be considered for the drawing! That means that well, all entries must include an email address to be considered valid. Simple enough, right? ;)