Wednesday, September 10

Get rowdy with your diaper bag

As a former newsroom journalist, I about fell over myself with excitement when I saw this newsboy-inspired diaper bag. Finally, a bag that my husband would be willing to carry himself!

I’m a self-professed diaper bag-a-holic. And if I were to seek treatment, I’m sure I would be told that the only way to cure myself would be to… well, stop getting more of them.

But that would just be too easy, wouldn't it?

One of my favorites is The Scoop News Bag by Rowdy Products.

This is a H-U-G-E (and super cool) bag perfect for overnights or for moms (and dads) of multiples in need of portable storage. Not only is the bag perfect for the laid-back jeans and T-shirt set, it’s wonderfully uni-sexed, goes with everything, and is large enough to carry most of the belongings in your house along with you on any given day.

Now, I'll admit that the fact that this bag is large enough to transport a small child actually turned me off...at first. When I first started using it, I was not yet cloth-diapering full-time, and the fact that disposables left enough room in the bag for "just one more thing" made it way too easy for me to over-fill, resulting in a trip to the mall with a bag packed full enough to look like I was on a week-long vacation with Buttercup. So I put the bag away.

But when I changed over from disposables to cloth on my outings and wondered why no one made a bag big enough to accomodate a cloth-diapered baby, a little light-bulb went off in my head and I remembered the Scoop News bag I had squirreled away. And viola! I was back in business.

My only complaint is the fact that the included changing pad is pretty much a joke, and not really usable at all when trying to protect against germs on public changing tables, but that is easily remedied by replacing it with a larger one I picked up at Babies R US for cheap.

Bonuses include the snazzy little attachable purse/wallet, which is big enough for a check book and a few other essentials, and, of course, the the cell phone pocket, insulated bottle holder, and the included water-resistant changing pad. And when you add the fact that The Scoop News Bag will long outlive your diaper-bagging days since it by no means screams I HAVE A BABY!!!, and well, it’s certainly worth every penny of the $69.99 they retail for.

No comments: