Thursday, April 9

Looking for a sponsor

Listen up dear readers! I take my blog seriously. And when a sponsor pulls a no-show on a promised prize, I do everything in my power to make sure that my winner gets their item (or something to make up for it.)

And luckily, I've only had one instance before this one where I had to step in. It was easily resolved and my winner remains a happy returning reader.

This time, however, I'm at a loss for what to do. Without giving away the company who is giving us the cold shoulder, I will say that one unhappy mommy reader has remained prizeless while my emails to said company have remained unanswered. It's inexcusable, and I won't be "doing business" with this company again.

I would, however, like to ask if any business owners or PR reps for mom and baby-related blogs would like donate a prize, no matter how small, to the mom who is still waiting for the postal-worker to show up. I will accept email at berriesweet.info@gmail.com for 7 days and provide those of you interested in making a certain mommy happy with the correct shipping address.

Thanks to everyone in advance and I'll be back today with another contest.

7 comments:

Laura Marchant said...

Oh that sucks! You need to give us the name so no one else gets screwed over too.

Reiza said...

Oh, that's rotten! I hope someone comes forward to help.

Although, I want to say a huge THANK YOU for going to bat for your readers.

I've had a few contests where I didn't get prizes and my attempt to contact blog owners went unanswered. In those cases, I went to the sponsors myself and have had good outcomes, but still, it's nice to see you sticking up for your readers.

Gina said...

BLAH that's awful, I've only had that happen a very few limited times and persist and persist, and even sent emails threatening to out the company on the blog. I also CC'd every email to the company with the winner as well. I say out them! I hope some BETTER company stands up, or the original company does what they agreed to do.

Mariana said...

I hate when this happens! You'd think companies would do anything possible to avoid bad press. Anyway, I hope you succeed in getting in touch with the original sponsor, or find an equally good (or better!) prize for the winner. So glad to have you back! Hope to see you around Twitter soon, too!

Pauline said...

i'm not going to bad mouth the company so I won't be naming names, but I will turn this into a good experience for my original winner for the contest. here's to a beter day!

Barefoot Mommies said...

Oh man we have had almost 4 this week like that. Im starting to get fed up because i feel so horrible when i get an email like hey just checking on my prize...from Jan. GRRRRR. Hope all goes well for you!
~Angela from barefoot Mommies

Pauline said...

Midwest Mommy...go ahead and email me for more details if you are interested. I'd like to stay positive on the blog. ;)