Sunday, May 31

EcoStore USA is truly eco-friendly

I've admitted to not exactly being the greenest mom around. Not every plastic bottle makes it into the recycling container. Lights don't always get shut off when I leave a room. But I am trying and I know that every little bit helps when it comes to contributing to the welfare of our planet.

Thankfully, sponsors are taking notice of my attempts to "go greener" and I recently received a few natural cleaning products from EcoStore USA to try out in my home. I have stated on my blog time and time again that unless I can totally back a product that I won't share it with my readers, and this is one brand I truly think is one worth mentioning.

Ecostore carries a variety of products ranging from baby care to personal care to household cleaners. All are natural, non-toxic, and plant-based, making them friendly to the environment and safe for use in your home.

EcoStore USA sent me a bottle of their laundry liquid, a 100 percent certified organic Eucalyptus oil and plant based formula, which doesn't leave chemical resiue on clothing. I've been using this product to wash Buttercup's cloth diapers, and love the fresh scent. (And anyone who cloth diapers can tell you that if a laundry solution is gentle enough for cloth AND gets the gunk off that it's a keeper!)

I also got to try the Toilet Cleaner, and I plan to definitely purchase this one when I run out. It might be obvious, I never realized that the hamrful chemicals in the big-name brands I've been using to keep our toilet sparkly clean were also contributing to the degredation of our water supply. (Sorry, planet Earth!) No worries with EcorStore USA's cleaner. Just a clean toilet and a happy planet.

Lastly, EcoStore USA sent me a bottle of their Citrus Spray cleaner, which I have been happily using to clean everything from Buttercup's high chair to her toys to my stove and kitchen. Diluted, it even works on mirrors and glass!

Perhaps most impressive is the note included in the box, though. It proudly states that all packaging materials used are environmentally friendly, from the soy packaging peanuts to the boxes made from recycled paper to the very paper the note itself is printed on. Little touches like that are what makes EcoStore USA so very and so truly eco-friendly.

EcoStore USA is offering one lucky readers a chance at a $25 online gift certificate to their store. To enter, simply visit the site and let me know which product or products you would buy with your gift certificate if selected the winner. Make sure to include your email or Twitter ID so I can contact you if you are selected as winner. Entries will be accepted until midnight, EST, on June 8, 2009 and winners have four days to respond or an alternate will be selected. Please note that the contest is limited to the United States and Canada, only. You must be 18 years or older to enter.

Additional extra entries are also available if you:
* Become a fan of Berrie Sweet Picks on Facebook
* subscribe to my RSS feed and comment letting me know you did so.
* Blog about contest and link to this post.
* Non-bloggers can email three of their friends about the contest at berriesweet.info (at) gmail (dot) com and CC me on the email. Girl Scout's honor that I will never bother these sweet people. I promise!
* Grab my Berrie Sweet Picks button and place it on your blog page. I'll check!
* Follow me on Twitter! (nickname: berriesweetest)
* Tweet the contest by saying "Eco-friendly giveaway at Berrie Sweet Picks!"
* Vlog about the contest and post at www.newbaby.com!

Please note all entries MUST include a valid email address or Twitter ID to be considered for the drawing! That means that well, all entries must include an email address or Twitter ID to be considered valid. Simple enough, right? ;)

18 comments:

Becca said...

I would get the Citrus Spray Cleaner and the Laundry Powder, it seems those two items are used the most in my house and going green with those would make a big difference.

beccabluhm [at] hotmail.com

Kristie said...

I would get the laundry powder!

khmorgan_00 [at] yahoo [dot] com

Kristie said...

Your button is in my sidebar.

khmorgan_00 [at] yahoo [dot] com

Anonymous said...

I'd love to try out that laundry detergent! I'm on the lookout for a detergent that is going to work for our cloth diapers...

Spamgirl said...

realitybbq*AT*gmail*DOT*com

I would buy Manuka Sandalwood Conditioner & Manuka Sandalwood Shampoo.

Thank you!

Spamgirl said...

realitybbq*AT*gmail*DOT*com

I'm a Facebook follower - Kitty Cartouche. Thank you!

Spamgirl said...

realitybbq*AT*gmail*DOT*com

I'm a follower on Twitter. :) antispamgirl

Thank you!

Spamgirl said...

realitybbq*AT*gmail*DOT*com

Tweeted! :) http://twitter.com/antispamgirl/status/1998906704

Thank you!

Ashley said...

I would love to try the Aloe Shampoo and Conditioner!
Thanks for a great giveaway!

ashley_miskel@yahoo.com

steph.miles.miley said...

I would love the Baby Shampoo and Baby Wash.
stephandmiles@gmail.com

Sandon and Othea said...

Ooh toilet cleanser and citrus spray. Love eco products and have been using non-toxic stuff for years before people stopped making fun of me for it and realized it made sense!

lbaran @ pcsedu.com

Sandon and Othea said...

Ha.. I read your blog before I left for lunch then went to the site later once it was back up. I didn't even realized I picked the same products you listed! I thought the cream cleanser was pretty nice too though. lbaran

Sandon and Othea said...

I follow you. ftofficefuntime

Michele P. said...

I would get the baby body wash, baby shampoo and the coconut soap for me!

micaela6955 at msn dot com

Michele P. said...

twitter follower micaela6955

micaela6955 at msn dot com

Tylerpants said...

I'd get the Baby Body Wash, Baby Moisturizer and Baby Soap. My son has sensitive skin so these would be great!
tylerpants(at)gmail.com

Tylerpants said...

I'm a subscriber. tylerpants(at)gmail.com

trixx said...

They all sound great! I'd love to get the Lemongrass Soap, Rosemary Orange Shampoo and Baby Body Wash!