Thursday, January 22

Skin MD Natural: A new choice in natural skin care


Wow, talk about blogging withdrawal! I've been away from an actual computer since early last week preparing for a much-anticipated trip to see The Celiac Dad in New Mexico (he's been working out if state for the past few months) and appreciate the well wishes from all of you! Buttercup and I had a great time seeing her daddy, and I am counting down the five weeks we have left before we can see him again.

And as much as I hate getting behind, I have to get back to blogging yesterday now or my list of items to review will just keep growing!

One item that I have had for a little while I purposely saved for the mini vacation. Skin MD Natural sent me a sample of their new Shielding Lotion with SPF 15. If you've been reading along here for a while you know that the more "free" a product is, the more I like it. And this stuff has all the bells and whistles with no animal products or testing, fragrant and colorant free, hypoallergenic, paraben free and it's non-comedogenic. Add in the fact that it is dermatology tested for my sensitive skin, and I'm ready to plunk down the $25 for the 4 oz bottle without even having tried it yet.

And before I go any further, I loved it just as much as I thought I would when I did try it in New Mexico. It's light. Doesn't feel greasy. And because it's fragrance free, even the most sensitive of noses will be more than happy to have this stuff slathered on.

Buttercup and I diligently applied Skin MD Natural daily while on our trip. And since we were constantly in the sun, I made sure to reapply as the need arose. No sunburns. No wind chapped skin. It was great!

So here's the funny part of the story: I sat down to blog my review and realized I had didn't have to wait for a trip to a southern state to start benefitting from Skin MD Natural. Maybe it was the SPF 15 on the bottle, but I had wrongly assumed it was just a better alternative to traditional sunscreens.

Turns out, Skin MD Natural is actually a shielding lotion said to fight the daily abuse our skin takes with all the fragrances, colorants, and other ingredients in soaps and cleansers that strip away the skin's protective elements. Even more impressive is the fact that by using a shielding lotion that seals in the body's own moisture for long periods of time, you can actually help keep irritants out.

Who knew?

Since taking the time to read up on the benefits of Skin MD Natural with SPF 15, I have been using it daily and plan to keep on using it. Interested in a new alternative for natural skin care? Give it a try!

No comments: